The following criteria and procedural steps indicate what to do to apply for a waiver of a specific graduation requirement:
- Waiver requests must be completed before the last semester of the student’s senior year.
- The student must have taken a full schedule all four years to be granted a waiver.
- The student’s proposed schedule for both semesters of the senior year must show that the student does not have room for the class he/she desires to waive.
- Students must obtain a waiver form from the counseling center and initiate the request.
- Justification must be given for the request. The completed application form should be returned to the counselor.
- The principal must sign the waiver before it is given final approval or denial. Written approval or denial will be sent to the student.
P.E. waivers may be granted for the following: physical disabilities, religious belief, participation in school related sport programs, cheer, dance, or program of study.